x

Why can't I find a simple "Inventory Report" by Category and Variant in this system?,

I just need a simple inventory report sorted by Category and variants. I have yet been able to find this.  Not based on sales, but inventory in stock.  

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @bposnerimages!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

If you'd like to view your current inventory/item library, which includes the category of each item, you can always just go to the Item Library in your Online Dashboard and export it to a CSV. This will show you the current Item Name, Category, Variation, and Current Quantity. 

Then, from the CSV sheet, you can sort the Category column, so you can see your items batched together by category when viewing the CSV. Please let me know if this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @bposnerimages!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

If you'd like to view your current inventory/item library, which includes the category of each item, you can always just go to the Item Library in your Online Dashboard and export it to a CSV. This will show you the current Item Name, Category, Variation, and Current Quantity. 

Then, from the CSV sheet, you can sort the Category column, so you can see your items batched together by category when viewing the CSV. Please let me know if this helps.

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for your reply Isabelle.

I was looking for a report that I could configure on the system without dumping data to spreadsheets. But I do appreciate your info.  Most POS systems I've worked with, have this ability, but there are plenty of other great features of this system that I use, I can deal with this.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @bposnerimages.

If you subscribe to Square for Retail, you'll have access to Inventory by Category reports and Inventory History report. 

In the meantime, thank you for accepting the work around! Let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Message 4 of 6

Is there a way to run a report that shows all categories whether there were sales in that category or not? Looking for a way to see categories with no sales each month. I apologize if this has been posted before. A quick search didn't reveal any threads. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Heya @keri-theferry and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to pull a report by category that @isabelle went over.

She also went over what advanced reporting our Square for Retail subscription offers above too. I'm not sure if I totally follow on what you mean by category reports without sales though since all our reporting is based off sales.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6