x

Why do I still have fees when I have free processing?

I am new to Square but signed up through a link that gave me free processing for my first $1,000. I processed less than that but when I view my reports it says there were still fees taken out and I can't figure out why. Would someone be able to explain to me why when I have free processing that I had to pay these fees?

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there!

Free processing reimbursements are applied on a per-transaction basis and are automatically grouped with your next deposit.

You'll see the transaction fee taken out, however when the funds are deposited you'll see the full amount for the payment. 

You can check on your free processing amounts in your Square Dashboard

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Admin

Hey @Freshcas, great question! 

Instant deposit is not included in free processing at this time. Free processing only applies to Square's processing fees, which are assessed on each card payment you accept.

I've added your post to this thread so you can read EJ's Best Answer with details about how free processing is applied to your deposits. If you have an additional questions please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 28

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: When will the free proessing be applied to my account?

I was charged a processing fee even though it said it would be waived. I’m still with my first $1,000, how can I get this reimbursement???

Message 23 of 28
Super Seller

processing fees are still charged at the time of the transaction like normal, they are reimbursed at the time of deposit.  see your deposits here https://squareup.com/dashboard/deposits/ and see your free processing status here https://squareup.com/dashboard/account/referrals

Message 24 of 28

Why am I not receiving free processing after I sent a referral that was accepted and that person joined. I have checked deposit report and still shows fees taken.

Message 25 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Astade711 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here.

I've gone ahead and merged your question with a similar thread of Sellers who also were experiencing this issue. 

Due to the Seller Community being a public forum, we won't be able to jump into account specifics here. We recommend contacting our Support Team - they will be able to take a look into this and get this solved for you!

We will keep an eye out for you contact! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 28

I have free processing right now. My income reports show the fees coming out, but doesn't show them being credited back. How can I get an accurate report of actual fees paid?

Message 27 of 28
Alumni

@kqlehman

Fees will still be taken out and reflected in Sales Summary report, but free processing reimbursements will show in Dashboard under Balance > Transfer Reports since we return the fees back to you before we deposit to your bank.

Moved you to the thread you're looking for 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 28