x

Why does square appointments not show the type of service that gets booked?

I’m testing out the square appointments site I made. I have all the services and prices for it on appointments set but when I book an appointment, it doesn’t show the type of service that is booked. It just says to add an item. So I don’t know what type of service a person is booking. Do I have to add the item on POS first and then it’ll sync over for appointments? 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Raeibit,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for checking in on this. If I'm understanding your needs correctly, there's no requirement to add an item to the Point of Sale app. When a client books a service from your online site, you should be able to view the service details from the online Square Dashboard by heading over to Appointments > Calendar. Once you click on the appointment, the details should pop up with the services and duration towards the bottom of the screen.

I hope this helps get you where you need to be. If I'm missing the mark or if you have any remaining questions, please let us know! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Raeibit,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for checking in on this. If I'm understanding your needs correctly, there's no requirement to add an item to the Point of Sale app. When a client books a service from your online site, you should be able to view the service details from the online Square Dashboard by heading over to Appointments > Calendar. Once you click on the appointment, the details should pop up with the services and duration towards the bottom of the screen.

I hope this helps get you where you need to be. If I'm missing the mark or if you have any remaining questions, please let us know! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 8

Thank you Tom! I realized my Locations was on the wrong one. So sorry! Thank you so much for your help though

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Glad you got it sorted out! Happy to help if anything else comes up.💯

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 8

I have all of my calendars synced with square (google, apple cal) and I always enter appointments via Square, but I like to look at the apple calendar to see what I have coming up. My apple calendar will show my appointments, but then it shows the address of my business, not the service that is booked. I need to see what I have coming up for the day on my apple calendar without having to click on every single appointment. Is that possible??  

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Hey @niki3103 - right now, Apple calendars are unable to sync with Square, only Google calendars. 

For now, you'll need to add the service name manually to your appointments so they show up in your Apple Calendar. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

I am wanting to open up a date on my calendar for a specific service. I don't want them to be able to choose any service I offer. When I open up the date, it doesn't give me the option so a customer could book any service I provide on that date. Can I change it to just the one service option?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

At this time this would be considered a Feature Request. This is because Services cannot be customized to allow some days and not others. 

I will pass this over to our Appointments product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future updates.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8