x

Why don't tax breakdown appear on receipts for Register World?

Hello, i’m a seller of a little restaurant in Barcelona, Spain. I would like to tell you a question, the law in Spain, and I think like most of the EU countries, it’s that in the recipe there are to be the tax breakdown, this is if a customer bought 3 articles with 8%, 10% and 21% of IVA (our tax) in the recipe there are to be the three different types of taxes breakdownly. I don’t know if Square can make this, can you help me?

I know that different articles can be different types of taxes, but in the receipt the taxes are added, with out breakdown.

this is a picture like Spain government oblige the recipe form:

Factura-simplificada-2.jpeg

Thanks and sorry for my English.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @cabreramouzo, thank you for circling back and I'm so sorry for the confusion.

I tested this out on the U.S. version of the app under the assumption that receipts would behave in the same way. With the global version of Register — which you are using —  printed receipts will not show the tax breakdown while the electronic receipts will.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a specific timeline as to when we will be able to display the tax breakdown on printed receipts. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our product liaison team, who makes improvements based on seller feedback. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime, and thank you again for pointing this out.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @cabreramouzo — thank you for reaching out!

If you complete a sale with multiple tax rates, each tax amount, percentage, and name that you assign to it will show up on both electronic and printed receipts. You can create and save taxes from your Taxes tab.

Here is an example of how a receipt would display for a sale with multiple taxes:

Hope this helps! Find more information on navigating the Online Square Dashboard in our Support Center, and feel free to reply with any other questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 6

Hello Tom, thanks for your reply. I'm confused, because in my printed receipts there are not the breakdown of TAXes, but yes in the electronic (email) receipts. I need on both cases.

This is a pic that shows this problem:

same ticketsame ticket

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @cabreramouzo, thank you for circling back and I'm so sorry for the confusion.

I tested this out on the U.S. version of the app under the assumption that receipts would behave in the same way. With the global version of Register — which you are using —  printed receipts will not show the tax breakdown while the electronic receipts will.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a specific timeline as to when we will be able to display the tax breakdown on printed receipts. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our product liaison team, who makes improvements based on seller feedback. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime, and thank you again for pointing this out.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, but meanwhile how to have the US version of Square? 

Message 5 of 6
Square

@cabreramouzo - Unfortunately, you will have to hold out for the launch of this feature on our international app version. We'll be sure to update you! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 6