x

Why is my old business name showing in the web browser tab and how do i change that?

Why is my old business name showing in the web browser tab and how do i change that 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

In the Dashboard go to Accounts and Settings.  Under Personal Information is your business name.  This is what shows up at the top on your dashboard.

Message 2 of 11

I changed my personal information and it still is coming up with my old business name at the top of the web tab. how can I fix this?

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Just_asking! Thanks for reaching out. So sorry for the continued trouble here.

If you've double checked your personal information on the Accounts & Settings tab of your Online Dashboard, yet are still having issues, we would also recommend checking your Receipt Settings. Often times, the business names reflected on receipts can appear elsewhere.

Let me know if that gives you any change! We will continue to troubleshoot this until its solved. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 11

I'm having the same problem.  When doing a web search, my old business name comes up.  I've changed it everywhere on square.   Can you help?

Message 5 of 11

Hey @mledoux,

If you're still seeing your old business name on the top of the browser tab, check out Settings > General in your Square Online dashboard and check that your name has been updated there, too. Please let us know where else you're seeing your old business name come up 🙂

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 6 of 11

Thank you.

Yes.  It has been changed there.

Also changed in every place you've mentioned (in other strings) to change it.

This includes in "receipts."

In square, showing up under web settings SEO.  And, social social media SEO.

In web search, (although I have now made all of my items unavailable) when I did a search... the old business name was listed... everywhere.

And, in the tab at the top of browser when you pull up page.

Message 7 of 11

Thanks for going through these steps @mledoux - it definitely sounds odd that your old business name is still showing up! Please reach out to support here so we can dig in a bit deeper - unfortunately, we're not able to look into account settings via this public forum. 

Message 8 of 11

This is an older thread but I figured I would answer anyway because I spent hours searching for how to fix this. 

From your square dashboard -> Online -> Website -> Site Preferences 

This will lead you to a page where you can change your site title, icon, etc

Message 9 of 11

I changed the name months ago to more suit my needs. In my account settings it shows the new name but when I did a test transaction the transaction shows the old name in my debit transaction from my bank.

Message 10 of 11

Hi @kazman0608 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where we've answered this question before.

Check the > Account & Settings section to make sure your business name is updated there as well as your Receipt settings as @Joe_ mentioned above.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11