x

Why is the customer's mailing address required at checkout for digital items?

The item type is set to digital and there are no other item types in the cart, but the customer is required to enter their mailing address at checkout.CHECKOUT.PNG

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @OBDELIGHTS - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! Nice to have you join us! 😇

We're not privy to the specific reasons why certain fields or features are added or made required, but my guess here is that we want to make sure our Sellers are protected heavily in regards to fraudulent purchases.

Collecting specific customer information would no doubt be useful should a dispute or issue arise with your digital item sale.

Let us know if you have any further questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @OBDELIGHTS - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! Nice to have you join us! 😇

We're not privy to the specific reasons why certain fields or features are added or made required, but my guess here is that we want to make sure our Sellers are protected heavily in regards to fraudulent purchases.

Collecting specific customer information would no doubt be useful should a dispute or issue arise with your digital item sale.

Let us know if you have any further questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2