x
Admin

Why isn't Instant Transfer available?

Why aren't I able to use the Instant Transfer feature? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

This is false ,  everything you listed above I have and instant transfer isn’t available. It keep saying I need more transactions for instant transfers but I’ve made almost over 30+ sales and each amount is always over $25. When I first signed up I had no sales and it was letting my instantly transfer now it’s not . It takes my fee out and I have to wait 2 days for it still ! 

Message 43 of 138

My bank account and card is successfully linked.  I'm not new to square.  I have over $50.00 and under $2500.00 in my account I want to instantly transfer.  I"ve made several instant transfers on the same card in the past but for some reason the option is grayed out and it says Instant Transfer is unavailable on my account.  Customer Support has been of no help, simply pasting a generic response which doesn't apply to my issue.  Can someone please explain why it is not working for me all of a sudden?

Message 44 of 138
Square

Hi @TiaraJante — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out my reply above for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 45 of 138

I read that question and answer before posting my question.. it is the same answer that was pasted in my email by customer support.  As indicated in my original post, none of those answers apply.

Message 46 of 138
Square

@TiaraJante - While we can't address account specific questions over the community for security reasons, feel free to reply to the email from our Support Team. They'll be sure to follow up. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 47 of 138

I having the same issue! Instantly transferring my money. I've been using this card for a while . It's impossible to speak with someone through  customer service unless you have some type of code. This is very annoying 

Message 48 of 138

I'm having the same issue. I've used instant transfer with the debit card I have on file and it has worked fine until today. Not sure why all of a sudden my debit card is invalid.

Message 49 of 138
Square Community Moderator

@auwilkins Unfortunately this can happen with certain cards or banks even if it's worked in the past. 

Try linking another debit card if you have one. 

Message 50 of 138

Im new to square. Just a quick question. It appears my debit card isn't supported for instant deposit so does the deposit just default to my bank account with the regular time frame??? Thank you in advance.

Message 51 of 138

@Jmillionz That's correct. Unless you initiate an instant deposit, we'll always send your funds via the normal deposit schedule to your linked bank account. 

Message 52 of 138

None of my deposits work I’ve been trying for a week to transfer $72 to bank account everyday it says it scheduled for deposit and everyday it’s never there I’ve tried countless times to contact square and nobody will respond this is awful customer service please someone help me get my money so I can close this terrible app and find another company to take my credit card payments 

Message 53 of 138

Says im ready for instant depoait with my sales amount but the deposit now is greyed out and my linkws account is verified and i have used this service before

Message 54 of 138
Square

@Katwalker That's no good! Check out Sean's post at the top of this post for some tips that might help! 

Message 55 of 138

How long are new users limited from instant deposit?

Message 56 of 138
Square

Sorry to hear it's not available to you! Check out this thread for additional information. 

Message 57 of 138

I've never had any issue with square instant deposit before this moment. Why is my instant deposit pending?

Message 58 of 138

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Unfortunately we can’t address your account specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum. 

If instant deposits are temporarily unavailable for any reason, your funds will be sent to your linked bank account according to your .normal deposit schedule.

Message 59 of 138

Can you fix my instant deposit

Message 60 of 138
Square

Hi @Fekadumekonnen, I merged your comment with this thread, which has more information on your Instant Deposit being unavailable. 

Message 61 of 138

says that my deposit needs to be 25.00 or more. my deposit is 1050.00. why is it not avail?..

Message 62 of 138
Square

@wkman79 - You can check out this thread for more details. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Message 63 of 138