x
Admin

Why isn't Instant Transfer available?

Why aren't I able to use the Instant Transfer feature? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

I read that to do an instant deposit should be above $25 and up to $10,000. I want to deposit an amount but it says it exceeds $500. So instant deposit its not available

Message 127 of 138
Alumni

Hi @Erikpfx - Thanks for your question. I merged you over to this thread with a few FAQs. 

It looks like you might be encountering an instant deposit limit for newer users. There's a note about it in this article: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5440-instant-deposit-frequently-asked-questions#why-is-insta...

Message 128 of 138

I can't find mine either.

Message 129 of 138

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Instant deposit failed but bank account is verified

My request for instant deposit ,which I have used on multiple occasions failed on me today, even though I know for sure my bank account is valid.

Message 130 of 138
Alumni

Hi @Maddawg1967, and welcome to the Seller Community! I've most your post to this thread so you can see the tips Sean left on the first page - this should help clarify why the instant transfer wasn't successful.

If you're stumped, don't hesitate to reach out so we can help determine the root cause here!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 131 of 138

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Instant deposit unavailable

I am having the same issue where it gives me the option to instant  deposit (which I have done several times) and then it gives me a red notification that it is unable and to contact support services. I'm not sure if it has to do with the holidays.

Message 132 of 138
Alumni

Hi there @expressplumbers - sounds like there's a step missing if you're getting a notification directing you to contact us. If you view your Dashboard from a desktop computer, you should be able too see a more detailed message about the issue when clicking Deposit Instantly.

I've moved your post to this thread so you can see Sean's tips on the first page - give us a call if you're still stumped!

Valentina
Message 133 of 138

Having a problem doing an instant transfer.

Message 134 of 138
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MM8!

Sorry you're having trouble with your instant transfer.

We don't have access to account specifics here on the Community to say for sure- but I merged your post with an existing thread in the Community on common instant transfer issues.

Another one not listed here is bank network issues. Sometimes if their internal network is down- it will fail every time you attempt one.

You can call our CS Team to see for sure- but it may be best to wait a bit before trying again.

Ashley C
Message 135 of 138

I try to instant transfer but it states it failed is that because its already processing or is something. My account information is all correct. Who could I call for help?

Message 136 of 138

Why my transfer wasn't made lastnight?

Message 137 of 138
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Camp9 👋

I'm sorry to hear you are having some difficulties with your bank transfers, however, we have limited access to accounts through this page. Please reach out to the support team when you get a chance so a rep can help you troubleshoot this. 

Thanks! 😊

Message 138 of 138