x

Will we ever be able to print a shipping label from the post office after someone pays an invoice?

Hello,

I was wondering if Square will ever have it set up that you can print a shipping label from the post office after the invoice is paid? The one thing that I liked from PayPal was that once someone had paid an invoice you could go and pay for the shipping label and the address and shipping information would populate in the fields and you could choose your method of shipping. The reason why we are moving away from PayPal is because they don’t have an inventory program attached to the invoice system.  I am hopping you will streamline the post office shipping in the future with your invoice program. Do you think this will ever be the case? I think from the messages I have read in the forum it is a much desired request.

thank you 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

Hi @Sam2gems,

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up! 💯

I went to check on this and the ability to print shipping labels as you've described is not available at this time. Rest assured that I will share your post with our Invoices Team and point out how this would be helpful for many businesses who must ship items from the post office.

In the meantime, you might find a suitable solution with one of our partner apps, ShipStation. For more information, have a look at our Support Center: ShipStation and Square.

Hope this helps for now. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 18

I stopped using Square because I had to manually enter the customers shipping information to create a USPS shipping label. Using PayPal, the process is fully automated using the customers information thus eliminating possible input mistakes. I would like to continue using Square because they represent a clear and obvious Credit Card purchase option in my eCommerce store. Some customers don't recognize that PayPal is also a credit card "payment processor" and abandon their cart thinking we have no Credit Card checkout option. PayPal doesn't make it clear you don't need to signup for a PayPal account to use their "Guest Checkout" credit card service.

Message 3 of 18

After 2 years using Square for invoicing, I will soon be leaving the platform due to the lack of this feature.  I did not realize how easy it could be to ship until I tried PayPal invoicing.  Super discouraging to see this very reasonable request being ignored.  And before you suggest ShipStation,  it does not integrate with Square POS or Invoices.  Manually inputting each shipment into USPS is a burden.

Message 4 of 18

I was using PayPal for 2.5 years for invoicing and shipping and just switched to square and actually like it way better and I found a way to ship. I use zensales now, it integrates with square seamlessly and I worked with the developer to increase the number of shipments you could do for free a month! It just went into effect, feel free to check it out free www.zensales.net/?r=42016

Message 5 of 18

I was excited to see the ZenSales solution, however I was told (by ZenSales) that it only works with Square Invoicing, not from Square Store sales

Message 6 of 18
Beta Member

I chose Square over PayPal and Shopify for its integration.  I am SHOCKED (after I have sent out invoices for holiday pre-orders) that I CANNOT ship from a paid invoice. WHAT? How is that possible?!? 

SQUARE - you do SO many things well, but this is a major failure point for ANY business that ships direct to cusstomers.

We need you to add this feature ASAP.  ESPECIALLY with the rise of online sales due to COVID-19 in-person shopping options.  I hope this moves to the top of your feature backlog!

Message 7 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MoMos and welcome to the Community.

Thanks for the suggestion! 

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 18

I see that people have been, asking, requesting and pleading since 2016 for you guys to allow us to be able to print shipping labels after invoices have been paid. Is this request still being ignored? 

Message 9 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Chasity,

I merged your post to an existing thread around this so our Product Team can keep track of how many requests we're getting for this.

You can read how our Feature Request process works here

Tom also listed a link above about ShipStation if that's something that could work for your business!

Ashley C
Message 10 of 18

I completely agree. I’ve used paypal for my business for three years and recently tried square. I really like the user interface but I greatly dislike the fact that I have to pay an outside company in order to ship. PayPal’s shipping is integrated and free. Square should have this option as well 

Message 11 of 18
Alumni

Thanks for voicing your feedback about this feature request. I'll be sure to bubble this up to the appropriate Team and update you on this thread If anything changes,

Thanks for posting! @AHarrison

Justin
Message 12 of 18

How Do I print USPS lables. My URL is www.thetrustedbanker.com my site is through Weebly

Message 13 of 18
Admin

@LysaDavis I moved your question here so we can track this feedback, as it's considered a feature request.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 14 of 18

Can I print an invoice or a sales bill or a packing slip from an order? I only see that I can print a copy of the order, but not a packing slip or an invoice.

Message 15 of 18

Did anyone answer about printing a packing slip/invoice? Or did you figure it out? I used to be able to print a packing slip before the change to Weebly, and it was very helpful since we ship multiple items to customers.

Please let me know, thanks!

-Jen

Message 16 of 18

Another user that loves the inventory system, but looking for an alternative to square due to the lack of a shipping solution.  Zen Sales is only a half solution. (Customer must pay an invoice via credit card, no solution for cash sales, paypal payments, or when a customer uses a credit card via a transaction and you need to ship.)  Plus in Zen Sales the customer shipping info never comes over.

Looking for a solution that I can print shipping labels from my iphone or ipad not a computer.

Message 17 of 18

This seems like such a simple feature to have, and yet Square STILL refuses to offer this to its client-base. I am currently researching other invoicing options because not having a shipping solution integrated with your invoicing system triples the time I spend on shipping.

Message 18 of 18