x

Square Appointments - Attach files to appointment setup?

We use Square to let people book appointments with our landscape designer. It's often helpful for us to recieve pictures of the client's property before heading. So far we've just had them sent via email but I was wondering if Square has a way that a customer could attach a file in their appointment sign-up form?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SG2017, thanks for bringing this up!

The ability to attach files to a booking with Square Appointments isn't available at this time. What you're doing right now by requesting additional information via email is the best workaround that comes to my mind as well.

Rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team and we'll circle back with any other developments that may be helpful. If any other sellers have any insight on what's worked well for them in this case, feel free to chime in. 👍

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SG2017, thanks for bringing this up!

The ability to attach files to a booking with Square Appointments isn't available at this time. What you're doing right now by requesting additional information via email is the best workaround that comes to my mind as well.

Rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team and we'll circle back with any other developments that may be helpful. If any other sellers have any insight on what's worked well for them in this case, feel free to chime in. 👍

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 13
Beta Member

How do I access files that are attached to customers on the appointments app for android

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Hey @Monolith👋

Are you referring to the attachments added to their customer profiles in the directory? Or the contracts you sent them for Square Appointments? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

The attachments added to their customer profiles!

Message 5 of 13

I own a small dog grooming business. We collect vaccination records and we share dogs. We'd like to be able to add photos of vaccinations and photos of prior grooms to the notes section of the appointments portion of the square app. Any chance you are working on that?

Otherwise looking at other software options.

Thanks.

Vicky Stelzer

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

Hey @adorablejordys - I've merged your post with the feature request thread for file attachments in Appointments. While it is not possible to do to attach files directly to the Appointment bookings at this time, you can upload files to the customer profile including photos and PDF files. You would just need to select the customer in your Customer Directory and once you're in their profile, you should see a section to Upload Files.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 13

Looks like they haven't integrated this..... 4 years later and nothing.... 

Message 8 of 13

Hello,

I have set up my appointment reply in the Communications section so that my customers understand what is required prior to their appointment.  Is there a way to allow them to upload a document at any point in the appointment process so that I can screen the doc to see if I can move forward with the appointment.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
Alumni

@allinnotary - unfortunately there's not an option for clients to upload docs or attachments while booking an appointment. 

Cool suggestion though - making note to bubble your idea up to our Product team for tracking and future improvements. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 13

Thank you JustinC.  That one component I think would definitely make square more competitive.  I love square and I think it is better than other apps/platforms and that one thing would allow me to stay here and not use another platform.  

Message 11 of 13

any feedback here if there is a place to upload anything from customers? 

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello @CBclinic

Yes! You can upload files to your customer profiles from the Customers Directory in your Square Dashboard. 

Simply select the customer and on the right panel that will open with your customer's information, scroll down to Files and click Upload File. 

Here's an article with instructions (they're a little bit different but the result is the same!)

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13