x

add card on file with POS

I will have 6 volunteers who will need to add "card on file" to customers in my directory perceding an auction.  I have POS devices for all of them.  Should they all sign in using my email and passcode?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

yes, you can do that.  everyone will log in and Square POS will download your Square data and they all will be mirrors of each other.

Message 2 of 3

Hi @ewconsulting 

Saving a card on file when a guest checks in is something that can really help cut down on lines at checkout. So I think you're spot on asking about it.

The helpful reply by @VanKalkerFarms is relating to how you can save a card on file with Square's POS capabilities but as you may have discovered, that method requires a transaction of some value to be able to work (last I checked) and it doesn't help you speed up the process of tracking bids, purchases, donations, etc. as the event unfolds. The POS functions that Square offers don't quite match up to the flow of how a silent auction needs to work in order to have no lines and happy, engaged bidders.

Bidstation, was built to address the needs of fundraising auction events:

- let's you check in a guest and save a card on file (no transaction required)

- records all bids, donations and purchases

- offer printed and/or emailed invoices at checkout

- process card on file payments in a batch when ready

- record cash and check payments

- plus a host of other tools for preparing, executing and wrapping up

By integrating Square's card reader functionality and card on file capabilities, Bidstation is bridging Square's mobile payment awesomeness with charity auction event point of sale functionality.

If you're involved in an auction again, please feel free to contact me to discuss or visit our site to learn more.

John

Need help with a fundraising auction? Ask me!
Message 3 of 3