x

best way to add a personal account to my existing account

I have a business account set up already, but for accounting reasons, I want to add a personal account for collecting some funds for someone at a garage sale type event.

My business will also be selling at this event, so I'll need to be depositing in both accounts, and would like to know the most efficient /least confusing way to manage this.

Do I just add a personal bank account to my existing account? Do I make a second Square account, and switch between the two? Do I make a second location with the second bank account?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hey @thejoneses 

I think for this purpose setting up a second location would be the easiest IMO. 

Here is an article on setting up a second location, as well as bank FAQ at the bottom of that article as well. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply, Dan. So, just to clarify, I need funds for my business sales to go into my business bank account, while I need funds from sales of (someone else's) personal garage sale items to go into my personal bank account. The reason I need to do it this way is so that the money for someone else's sales are not mixed in with the income (not to mention sales tax) from my business. Adding a location achieves this?

Message 3 of 4

HI, best advice is create a new account for the garage sale event.  You can not switch between the two accounts.  You would need to sign out of one, then sign into the other.  

Business is business.  

Garage sale type needs to be totally separate.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 4