x

blog comment text color

I have started a blog and the background is black with white text. Except when people leave comments the text is black and they can't see their typing on the black background. How can I change the text color for viewer comments on my blog posts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SprangArt,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋  

You'll be able to edit the settings for your Square Online dashboard. Select Website > Edit Site. Navigate to the blog section of your website, and select the "Text" option from the left-hand editor:

I've highlighted where you can edit the text colour from here. You can also change the background colour from this section. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you go 🙂

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your reply. I should specify that my blog is on Weebly and my left-hand editor looks different from the one you show. I know how to change the text color for any of the elements that I add to the post, but the blog comments seem to choose a text color automatically and defaults to black. So when the commenter types against the black background of the page they can't see their words. I suspect I will need to do some coding, but I have no idea how that works.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

I see, @SprangArt - sorry about that! While I'm not super familiar with the Weebly editor, I'm tagging @BernadetteA in case she can share some insights here. 

Message 4 of 4