x

What bluetooth printers are supported when using an iPhone?

what bluetooth printers can be used if you use a smart phone like iphone 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

HI @gpraokc, welcome to the Community. 

You can use either the Micronics SM-S220i or Star Micronics SM-T300i to print from your iPhone. Check out the steps to connect a printer to an iPhone in our Support Center. Let us know if you have any other questions!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Best Answer

HI @gpraokc, welcome to the Community. 

You can use either the Micronics SM-S220i or Star Micronics SM-T300i to print from your iPhone. Check out the steps to connect a printer to an iPhone in our Support Center. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 2 of 8

Hi there, I'm hailing from Europe.  The Star Micronics printer model names may differ here from the ones used in North America.  Can you check if the Star Micronics STAR SM-L200 model works with the app?

Thanks,

stefan

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hi @tarelier and welcome to the community! 

Unfortunately, that specific printer isn't supported with the Point of Sale app at this time. I'll share your request with our hardware team.

I'm including information about printers that are supported with the app, as listed on our UK website:

Supported Hardware for iPads (UK)

Supported Hardware for iPhones (UK)

You could also contact Star Micronics directly to see if their printer names vary between the UK and the EU.

Hope this helps but do let me know if you have questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 8

What about SM-T400i, compatible? 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@TheBreadMan That specific printer isn't supported with Square at this time. This Support Center article has a list of compatible bluetooth printers

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 8

What battery operated printer are supported? What happens wth an unsupported printer on the iPhone? Does it print at all?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @ApoatilleApply

I believe the definition of "unsupported printer" is either a device that has not been tested with Square, or a device that has been tested and confirmed to not work. I believe you can try using an unsupported device, but we cannot confirm if it will be compatible with the app, nor would we be able to provide troubleshooting assistance. 

If you are looking for printer suggestions, please checkout the reply from Seamus here.

Hope this helps, and thanks for being a part of the community 😊

Message 8 of 8