x

can a client pay an invoice with 2 different cards?

can a client pay an invoice with 2 different cards? I guess like split tender? From their end, I sent them an invoice. THanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Hemog0blin

Unfortunately the Split Tender feature is only available for card payments taken on the Point of Sale app. 

There isn't a way to pay partial amounts of an invoice with different payment methods or cards at this time. 

This is one of the most popular feature requests we've seen for Invoices, and our Invoice Team is currently tracking this with the following thread:

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hopefully we can get Split Tender and partial payments implemented in the near future, and thanks for posting 👍🏼

I'll let our Invoice Team know you're interested in seeing this in the future product updates. 

Message 2 of 4

I get asked this all the time by customers. It seems like a no-brainer, why isn't this implemented? You do realize you are losing business without this feature because when someone asks me this I end up sending them to PayPal.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hey @artkeh - The Partial Payments feature that EJ mentioned above is on the road map and being worked on by the Invoices team. Once live, that should offer a solution for your customers to pay with additional cards. You can stay updated by checking out the thread EJ linked in his response above.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 4