x

Square for Restaurants: How do I create house accounts?

Square for Restaurants: How do I create house accounts?

I am in my trial period for square resturaunt and so far my main concern is that I do not see anywhere to create house accounts.  I typically allow my loyal customers and employees to run ongoing house accounts.  I notice some of the questions on here have mentioned this since early 2018....any idea on an eta for this option?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square for Restaurants: How do I create house accounts?

I have house charge accounts for my employees & their balance is deducted from their paycheck. I have my staff pay as an “other” tender with a description that includes the employees name and HCA. From the dashboard you can view the transactions. I use QuickBooks online & enter the transactions as invoices on a their customer account. So, it’s all handled by the accounting software. I’d like to see house charge accounts handles like gift card accounts. The employee or customer basically gets a card and pays with it. There’s a running balance, accessible from the POS, dashboard, & a dedicated landing page. Then invoices could be sent directly from Square or sent to payroll as a deduction. Just a thought…

69 Comments

The house account is a huge issue for our business too. We have a resort with bar and restaurant. People are charging the entire week of their stay at our resort... we run one credit card at end so Square would STILL get their fees for the processing! Most of our guests run their bills thru a card. Please Square... consider this as I believe their is a huge demand for it! Any update??

Alumni

While I don't have an update to provide at this time, it looks like someone else provided a workaround that has been helpful for their business within this thread. I recommend taking a peek at @CharlesC's post here to see if this may help in the meantime. We'll be sure to post an update here when we have one to share, @Ashtrailgal!

Really wish we could dislike posts.  There is no workaround for a house account and its not a complicated feature to implement because its already there, you just need the ability to create custom fields which is easy to create in a database.

I am bringing this up again.   

Customers who purchase from us 10-20x a month, don't want an invoice each time, and want to be billed at the end of the month.    

Keeping an open ticket doesn't work because they want to track each sale individually so they can bill clients as such.

I know I am not the only one.   I am a bit more than a year into using your platform, and by searches, I can see this is a popular request.   Please, don't force me to look elsewhere for a solution.   Our current solution is time consuming and unnecessary.   This would be an easy implementation.

Thanks,

Dave

One of the delivery services wants to group all their orders for a week and pay weekly instead of paying per order.  I don't want to leave the tickets open since my daily sales reports would be inaccurate.  I'm thinking about run the orders as "cash other" type payment and then use transaction reports to manually group the total for their orders to send to the delivery service for payment.  Is there a best practice way that Square for Restaurants handles this?  or anyone else deal with this?  Thanks.

Oh... never mind.  Looks like this issue has been brought up multiple times in other threads regarding setting up house accounts or custom tenders.

Square moderator, you can delete this post to merge into one of the other open threads.  

Admin

Thank you @MTJoe!

Hello,

I am looking to create a charge account for a non profit who makes purchases from my shop and is billed later. 

Is there a way to add a "bill later" payment option?

Same here, the only option I found was to create invoice with each transaction. I used Quickbooks Point of Sale previously, and they had "charge accounts" which was much easier to use.  

We would also REALLY like to have a house account feature.  It's a shame that in almost 2 1/2 years there's been no movement on this issue.