x

delete from my pics

If you accidentally upload a photo to My Pics to add to the website, how do you delete it from being saved in My Pics forever?

Message 1 of 29
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

HI, currently there is no way to delete images from your My Images folder.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Appreciate the breakdown, @SpencerImbrock. Definitely makes sense and I am glad you were able to clarify the feature request you're looking for. 

So this would still be a Feature Request when it comes to the images stored on your site. I appreciate you adding your voice to this ongoing thread where other sellers have posted looking for the same thing. 

I am going to add this entire thread to one that exists on our Ideate Board

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Hey there, @tenwomenmainst -

Could you elaborate where you're seeing "My Pics" ? Is this through your Online Store, Dashboard, or somewhere else?

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀. Thank you!

Kassi
Message 2 of 29

In the general area of the website design (not the online store). When you click to add a photo to a section, "My Pics" pops up along with Free Images and shows you all of the photos you have uploaded previously.  I uploaded a large batch of the wrong photos and I want to be able to organize them and at the very least delete the ones I don't want to accidentally pull for the website in the future.  Is there a way to do that?

Message 3 of 29
Alumni

@tenwomenmainst - Justin here, stepping in for Kassi. 

So is the 'My Pics' section you're referring to within Square Dashboard? Can you provide a screenshot? 

Justin
Message 4 of 29

That is the problem I can't find it anywhere in the square dashboard.  When you click to choose a photo or replace a photo on the website,  My Pics, My Logos, and Free Photos shows up.  I want to figure out how to organize my photos.  Where are they stored? Can I access to delete and organizeScreen Shot 2020-06-02 at 8.55.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-02 at 8.55.57 AM.png them in folders?  We have a TON of images featured on our website and right now they all get dumped into this huge bucket with no order.  That is what I'm trying to do.

Message 5 of 29

Sorry I guess it's called "My Images"

Message 6 of 29
Alumni

@tenwomenmainst

No worries! To remove those images, you'll need an Ecomm Team member to manually delete them. Sorry about that. Hopefully there's an update soon that allows more file management and photo organization. 

Justin
Message 7 of 29
Beta Member

I really hope that there will be a update soon on this issue.

Feature Request!

Message 8 of 29

@JustinC , @Kassi_, is there an 2023 update on this? I'd really like to clean up my "My Images" gallery as well so I can find images in there more easily. Adding a feature request for this for this year. Thanks! 🫶 

Message 9 of 29

Welcome to the Community, @SpencerImbrock

I want to make sure we are on the same page with this Feature Request. The images you want to delete are showing up in your Online Store, correct? 

If you go into the item directly, you can delete the pictures associated with them. You'll have to save and re-publish your site, so they will show the update correctly. 

Let me know if I am missing the mark on this one. Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 10 of 29

Thanks for the welcome. Incorrect re: which images. The feature request is for the ability to delete images that have been uploaded but are *not* in use. The ones that are in the folder (essentially) of images that have been uploaded, not the ones that are actively on the website.  In my case, I’ve uploaded images to that database to use, but then find that I don’t like the layout, or I’ve uploaded images to use that I no longer want featured on my website (and have taken away from the viewing public), or sometimes I’ve accidentally uploaded the wrong image entirely. These images currently permanently live in that database, but aren’t featured on my site. The request is for the ability to clean up (delete) images that fall into those categories mentioned above. The more images there are in that folder/database, the more I have to weed through when trying to find the images I want to have live on my online store. Does that make sense? 

Message 11 of 29

Best Answer

Appreciate the breakdown, @SpencerImbrock. Definitely makes sense and I am glad you were able to clarify the feature request you're looking for. 

So this would still be a Feature Request when it comes to the images stored on your site. I appreciate you adding your voice to this ongoing thread where other sellers have posted looking for the same thing. 

I am going to add this entire thread to one that exists on our Ideate Board

Kassi
Message 12 of 29

I need to delete images from "MY IMAGES" in Square Online and I can't find any way to do that.

Message 13 of 29

Best Answer

HI, currently there is no way to delete images from your My Images folder.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 14 of 29

WHAT?  WOW. Really?

Message 15 of 29

I am new to square online, I previously used SmugMug, and finding out there is no way to manage any photo we download on Square is somewhat unnerving.  There really should be a way to manage our photos when they are uploaded to the website design.  Starting to question my choice of starting this website at all.  

Message 16 of 29

I discovered when creating my site with Squares Weebly templates that the gallery section has a similar problem.After you upload you may be able to remove from the page but it’s forever left in the files taking up data space and no way to delete.Come on Square fix this!

Message 17 of 29

I agree it’s very frustrating. Did you figure out how to delete images? I am trying and can’t figure it out no can’t get in touch with support to help me. 

Message 18 of 29

If you follow the thread back the “help” response was useless.They said we have so much storage available that we should basically ignore the unwanted or outdated images stored and just add more. In my mind and others that have the same problem this just adds to the confusion for us in sorting what we need.Not to mention the unnecessary waste of time.

I don’t understand Squares disregard for us and this simple fix.

SHAME ON YOU SQUARE!

Message 19 of 29

Wow! How on Earth are you not able to delete images? This is bare bone basic functionality. Does Square have the ability to submit and/or up vote feature requests?

Message 20 of 29

Wow is right! If you read the thread you will see you need someone in the e-commerce team to manually remove your images in the storage section.This is just plain wrong.Yes you can delete the images on your page but Square isn’t dealing with this issue.Funny recently I took a survey that specifically asked what I thought about the “gallery” use ability and once again asked them to amend this problem.Square if you are reading this please fix this.As an artist I need to rotate images and if the storage is clogged up with unusable images is a pain.For now I am using this platform for my first website but if this doesn’t change I will be looking for another host.

Message 21 of 29