x

discounts on check

Discounts are showing up on the check under each item (like a modifier), making the bill look comically long. Is there a way to make the full discount amount a single item (or a subtotal) at the base of the check?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

This was a recent change requested by several Sellers as we used to have the discount at the bottom of the receipt @Barceloneta. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I agree with @Barceloneta this is a bad change, we have HH specials, and we do a $3 off now when you add that to the check  it splits it between all items.  So it shows $.30 off an item then $1.20 etc.  The total works out to the same amount but looks stupid.  Also then other items say "regular Price" under them.  Not a good feature would be better if we could choose which way to have it print.  Or just go back to the discount at the bottom, had a group last night with a $300+ bar tab and they had some discounts the receipt was like 2 feet long.  Looks bad and waste of paper. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

This one escaped my visibility when replying the first time but our team did release this update to change the behavior of discounts on receipt @Barceloneta and @Long-View-Lodge You can find the Product Update here.

These settings are defaulted to ON, however, if you want to make changes, find the toggle in your Dashboard, under Settings > Account & Settings > Business > Receipt > Items and total. 

Ryan_M_0-1655400875931.png

With Itemized Discounts “ON,” discounts applied to any item on the receipt will appear on the next row below the item’s original cost to illustrate the discount in effect.

With Itemized Discounts “OFF,” discounts will not appear below each item’s original cost and will instead be reflected in the total at the bottom of the bill. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Worked Thanks

Message 5 of 5