x

eGift Cards: How do I fix the email address for an eGift card my client purchased?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Wrong email for e-gift card

Hi! My client purchased an e-gift card but accidentally mistyped her email address when sending it. Is there a way to fix this?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@Jocxx3 Absolutely! 
On your Web Dashboard, go into Transactions, find the transaction, click on the eGift Card in the transaction and you can click Re-Send and type in the correct email address, and that should do it!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@Jocxx3 Absolutely! 
On your Web Dashboard, go into Transactions, find the transaction, click on the eGift Card in the transaction and you can click Re-Send and type in the correct email address, and that should do it!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 10

I understand about resending the receipt to the person that purchased it but we need to resend to the person receiving the gift card because it is a gift. Do we need to clear the balance and refund or is there a way to edit that email?

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @ALPHAO

Normally, if it was sent to someone accidentally - they usually ignore or delete the email. 

But I can see your concern too. I would recommend to zero out the balance of the gift card that was sent to the wrong email and create a new one for the correct email. 

The decision is up to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

If someone wants to change the e-mail registered to an e-gift card, is that possible? 

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

Yes from square home click gift cards.

Then select electronic gift cards

Find the one that you want to change- hit Resend and then put in new email address

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 10

Hi @jennangel5  - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have asked this question as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

And thank you, @DLRosenberg for answering this one!

Violet
Message 7 of 10

How can a customer access their online gift card purchase if the mistakenly entered the wrong email? And how can you redeem a gift card purchased online if they don’t have the bard code or number?

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Hi Familyzoo,

Just a thought to check out - since almost everything is based on email addresses, if a wrong address is used by mistake, you may be able to update the address via your Square Account Dashboard - see this previous post.   As for not having any bar code info or card numbers - perhaps contacting Customer Support would be the next option.

Message 9 of 10

Hi @familyzoo - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to the thread that @JK_Fiber_Art mentioned where other Square Sellers have asked this question as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from  @pessosices, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question and includes the steps to resend the gift card to the correct email address.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Message 10 of 10