x

employee invitation expired

I sent all employees an invitation to download the square app for clocking in and out on their phones. One of my employees did not. She went back in a couple of weeks later and got a message that the invitation expired. I can't seem to find where i can re-send it. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square Community Moderator

Hey @GTOWN -

No problem! You should be able to resend that invitation. Go into the employees profile and to the Permissions tab. There is a blue edit button in the right corner of that box. There will be a box that says Personal Email with a resend invitation button. 

This should give them the new invite. Please reach out if this doesn't work. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 18

I followed your instructions, but when I clicked EDIT etc, never found a place to resend the invitation. 

Message 3 of 18

@GTOWN -

Hmm.. whenever you look at the list of your team members, do you see Active or Invited? If they are already active, then you would be unable to resend the invitation. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply!

Kassi
Message 4 of 18

Same problem here. Says active. When I go under doesn’t have resend button. I do lick on save and it says invite sent in after but get no emails 

Message 5 of 18

Hey @jcashd1,

Make sure you're looking for the steps @Kassi_ listed above on a computer/laptop on the Dashboard.

The mobile app doesn't have all the same functions as the complete Seller Dashboard does. 

Ashley C
Message 6 of 18

Hello Kassi,

My employee never used the link that was sent when I initially assigned permissions.  Now when I go into his profile and select "Permissions"  the only options are "Remove Permissions" and "Save."  There is no option to resend the invite.  What should I do?

Message 7 of 18

Hey there, @RLW3

Welcome to the Community & thank you for posting in this thread. 

In your case, I would suggest going to the log-in screen and selecting "Forgot Password?" This will trigger the password reset email and allow you to log-in. 

If you run into any issues, please let me know and I can find another route for you. 

Kassi
Message 8 of 18

I am struggling with this same thing. All my employees are active (apparently because I created the?) but many haven't received the email and when they click forgot password, it doesn't send them an email to reset it.

Message 9 of 18
Alumni

Strange, have they checked spam or inbox filters? @cascadeelite

Justin
Message 10 of 18

Yes, and I have checked their spam folders with them as well to make sure it's not user error.

Basically, the invites that are working are having them create a new account. That account is then a blank account as if they were a business owner. We tried instead to click "forgot password" and it says their email is already is use (cause they just created an account). I even had them try deleting that account, and it didn't work. The password reset just reactive that business account.

All my employees are showing active, so I can't resend the invite. But most of my employees haven't done anything on their end, so I don't know if I somehow activated them or adding them manually automatically activates them. I'm hoping to get this resolved by Monday. It's been a few weeks with them not being able to access their schedules.

Message 11 of 18

It sounds like they're going to the Sign Up function when it takes them to the Dashboard online @cascadeelite.

If they've all already created these new accounts, the email can only be used for one account. At this point, it'd be far better to contact our direct CS team to help you fix this and sort this out since we don't have access to your account from the Community to do so and pull up these accounts.

Sorry for the trouble. 

Ashley C
Message 12 of 18

My employee hasn’t received invite email? She has never even created an account yet because she hasn’t received the initial invite email. So frustrating considering there is no button to re-send. 

Message 13 of 18
Alumni

Thanks for posting. Kassi tells you how to resend an employee invitation on this thread. Check out her answer up top. @jcashd1

Justin
Message 14 of 18
Beta Member

Once you’ve created an employee profile for you staff, they will receive an invite email to create a unique login under your Appointments account. Creating a login allows staff access to their own Appointments app, which includes their calendar and customers.

This email was never sent out to my employee's.  Is there a way to resend it How do i get them to be able to log onto the app on there phones without using my email and password. 

Message 15 of 18

HI, hopefully this Square Support pages will help.  You would need to setup Team Permissions and Passcodes.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5591-get-started-with-employee-management

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 16 of 18
Beta Member

I have team permissions and passcodes done.  I tried the add a device but it does not give me access to appointments or calendar and when i try to log into calendar with the code it doesn't work.  I need my employees to have access to their calendars.

Message 17 of 18

Any updates to this issue? I've been searching for weeks!

Message 18 of 18