x

how do I create price tags with barcodes?

I'm wondering if there are any handheld barcode printers that are compatible with square so that I can quickly create pricetags that will scan with my square barcode scanner. I also want to know how, once something is scanned, how to change the price on an item, as my prices are negotiable.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @tjalex 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us.

Good questions! You can create and print barcode labels by opting into Square for Retail - which willl give you all tools needed to create pricetags and edit costs in real time. 

While none of our compatible printers would be considered hand-held, we do have a list of various hardware options to choose from - and some can be considered more portable than others. Here is a full list:

In regards to editing a negotiable price, once an item is added to sale by scanning the barcode, you can manually adjust the price on the screen of your device in real time.

I hope this information was helpful in answering your questions! Feel free to reach back out if anything comes up. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hi there, @tjalex 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us.

Good questions! You can create and print barcode labels by opting into Square for Retail - which willl give you all tools needed to create pricetags and edit costs in real time. 

While none of our compatible printers would be considered hand-held, we do have a list of various hardware options to choose from - and some can be considered more portable than others. Here is a full list:

In regards to editing a negotiable price, once an item is added to sale by scanning the barcode, you can manually adjust the price on the screen of your device in real time.

I hope this information was helpful in answering your questions! Feel free to reach back out if anything comes up. We are here to help! 

Joe
Message 2 of 4

I've ordered the register and scanning gun, but is there a printer to make the price stickers to be scanned?

Message 3 of 4

Good morning, @HG109 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding creating and printing bardcode labels. Take a look at this Best Answer from that thread for more information!

Let us know if anything else comes up!

Joe
Message 4 of 4