x

how do I know if I used square app in quick books?

I show square deposits but I don't want to add something if I already did. How do I know If I already used the square app in my quickbooks for simple start?

Pam Rose
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @lifewithhair thanks for your post. Do you "manually" put Square deposit information into your Quickbooks? If you don't ever manually add something that indicates your Square deposits, then someone or something (like an app or integration) is adding in that information for you. That's the easiest way I can think of at a glance to see.

Now if you also manually add deposit information, you'd need to do a bit more digging around to see if anyone else or anything is adjusting your Quickbooks. You should also be able to check your account settings in Quickbooks for something about INTEGRATIONS. This should also show on your Square Dashboard under Settings > App integrations. I hope this helps answer your question!

Message 2 of 3

I just looked at my apps in quickbooks and it is connected to square. I also went into square and it says I authorized access to intuit. Now that I have realized that, my other question is: Do I need to go into every square transaction and break it down and slit the description and show services/retail, tip and the fee? Or does it know that automatically? Same with a cash and/or mobile deposit? I want to get this right in the transactions before I reconcile. In the category box, it says: sales of product income, what does that mean?

Pam Rose
Message 3 of 3