x

how do i change the email address associated witn my creit cxard (don't have an account)??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

If you're referring to the receipt email address associated with your credit card, you can't edit the email, but you can unlink the email. Then, once unlinked, you'll be prompted to enter your preferred email address after your next purchase with a Square merchant.

Here's how to do it:

- Locate your most recent receipt from a Square merchant

- Click the link within the body of the email that says "Not your Receipt?"

- Opt to unlink your receipt

- The next time you purchase something at a Square merchant, enter in your preferred email for receipt delivery

Message 2 of 6

What about if someone used your creditcard number with their email? is there a way to unlink the account if you don't have access to the email? And yes, I realize this might mean someone has my creditcard number and this is a security breach of somesort.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hi @cableray - Are you a Square merchant or a customer? 

If you're a customer receiving emails from Square merchants (when you didn't make the purchase), you can unsubscribe and unlink your email address by clicking the link at the bottom of the email you receive that says "Not your receipt?" It also sounds like you want to contact your bank about those charges if you didn't make them!

Message 4 of 6

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

See the answer above!

Message 6 of 6