x

When I signed up with Square I entered my home address - how do I make sure it isn't visible?

Is it possible to hide my address on an invoice?  My business is a home based business so the address is my home address.  I'd rather not have that on the invoice if possible.

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @kelterp, it sounds like you're referring to the digital receipts customers receive after payment. Rather than a Square Invoice, requesting payment from a customer. 

You can remove the address and map from your digital receipts on the Square Dashboard. From here head to the Account & Settings tab. Then you'll click on Business > Receipts. Now you can edit your digital receipts and you'll see an option to show your location. Simply toggle this off, and customers won't receive your home address on their receipts. 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Best Answer

Hello @kelterp, it sounds like you're referring to the digital receipts customers receive after payment. Rather than a Square Invoice, requesting payment from a customer. 

You can remove the address and map from your digital receipts on the Square Dashboard. From here head to the Account & Settings tab. Then you'll click on Business > Receipts. Now you can edit your digital receipts and you'll see an option to show your location. Simply toggle this off, and customers won't receive your home address on their receipts. 🙂

Message 2 of 23

Thank you!

Message 3 of 23

After an hour of chatting and phone calls I have been told that there is no way to NOT have your address show bottom of order receipts from Square online.  Weebly for Square has control of that feature and if you contact Square customer service, they'll tell you to toggle off the "show your location" but that doesn't do anything on the online store receipts, it'll still be there. So...there is no solution.  My work around is to put the address of the gas station about a mile from my home. 

Message 4 of 23

My receipt doesn’t show my address. I don’t know I hope it doesn’t I tested it and emailed myself and did not see it you think I’m f fine 

Message 5 of 23

I have a question on my receipt I don’t see it showing my address. I do not want it to show but I do not know if for others it shows.? I tested it out myself and emailed me a receipt and it does not show an address do you think I am okay? Because if

you even change the toggle thing to mobile location it will still show your location on the map 

Message 6 of 23

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Don't want home address given to customers.

Hello, when I signed up Square asked for 'home' address. I am a sole proprietor and don't have a business address. I need to ensure my home address isn't given out. How do I achieve that? I do have a PO box with a physical address at a private mailing company. Thanks!

Message 7 of 23
Super Seller

Hello @DSG 

You can change the address Square shows from your Dashboard. 

Account & Settings -> Business -> Locations

Open your location and update the address here. You can also choose Mobile Location here, and you don’t need an address. With mobile location your customers receipt will have a map with the pin set at where the transaction took place instead of your physical address. 

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 8 of 23

Thanks a million!! 🙂 

Message 9 of 23

Hi, I chose mobile location , but it doesnt allow me to continue without putting a business adress...?

Message 10 of 23
Square Community Moderator

@wellness514 thanks for sharing. I tested this and am seeing similar issues, but you should be able to change these settings on the Point of Sale app by going to Settings > Business Information > and moving to a mobile location without getting that error. If you try again on the Dashboard, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing while blurring out all sensitive information? I want to surface this with our engineering team so we can have a deeper dive. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 23

Hi @AshleyK , I am running into the same error above after I try to change my location to Mobile so that my home address does not show. For me, I am trying to get the Appointments app running on my site and am testing the emails (confirmation, cancellations, etc.). I see my home address listed on the footer of the emails but don't want this listed anywhere. Can you please point me to where I can edit this? Thank you!

Message 12 of 23

@ignite I'm sorry for the delay in response. I reached out to our Appointments team and they have sent you an email with more detailed steps on how to convert your account to a mobile one. They've requested you send screenshots to them if any more issues occur. I've also posted the steps here in case you miss the email. 🙂

To remove your physical address from all client communication you'll want to set you Location type to Mobile instead of Physical. To do so: 
Head to your Appointments online dashboard
Select the hamburger menu in the upper left-hand corner and click on Account & Settings. 
Then select the Business drop-down menu and then select Locations
Finally, click on your location, scroll to Location type and switch to Mobile 
Be sure to select SAVE in the upper right-hand corner.

AshleyK
Message 13 of 23

I have a home based business and would like to set my location to private to customers at the checkout, any ideas how to do this?

Message 14 of 23
Admin

Hey @Chello! Take a peek at this thread for answers to your question. 🙂

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 15 of 23

Did you ever figure out how to do this? This is the last step that’s stopping me from publishing my website 

Message 16 of 23

Hi @nika , I have a similar question to @Chello . I'm a home based business and do not want my address listed when clients book an online consultation through the Square's Appointment app. I'm seeing my home address at the footer of all the emails (booking confirmation, cancellations, etc.). How do I remove or hide this?

Message 17 of 23

Changing to mobile still required an address. I used a fake address. There really needs to be a better option. 

Message 18 of 23
Alumni

You can head to your Square Dashboard, click on Account & Setting Business Receipt.

Scroll down to the Business information section, @ctp070319:

You'll want to toggle Show location OFF so that it is grey, as shown above - instead of blue 

Valentina
Message 19 of 23

I have done this and it does take the address of of the receipts, but not the order confirmation email. Does anyone know how to change that?

Message 20 of 23

Hi @Sanasanasf1,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to our Seller Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble changing your settings. I'd like to confirm that you're also using Square Appointments, or is this on your Square Online store confirmation emails? 

Message 21 of 23