x

how to add required variants or options

I am not sure how to show images here but i tried. On one of my products I was able to add a required option that had the customer choose the color of their hat. On the other it says variations instead of options and does not allow me to make it into a required option.

works how i intend.pngshowrequires.pngdoes not work how I intend.pngcute bow error.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@hatsbylaura You can require modifiers, but variations are treated like different items.

When you use options, you are actually creating a bunch of different variations like small blue shirt, medium blue shirt, large blue shirt, small yellow shirt, medium yellow shirt, etc...where shirt doesn't change, but they have to pick the color and size "options" which is that variation of the item.

Options create all the variations for you, now with modifiers you can specify if they can choose 1, 2, 3, or many and even pre-select a modifier for them.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

thank you very much!!

Message 3 of 3