x

how to change delivery distance from radius to the actual driving distance?

Hi Square,

We came across this problem long time ago but now have to ask you to look at this.

Delivery has been a key to a business success but we should be careful about what we could do in terms of distance from where we are. We have quite often come across some orders that we would not have wanted to fulfill due to its distance. I set up delivery distance up to 10 miles but a few orders we have done are a lot more than 10 miles. I suppose a distance is meaured in radius? am i right? is there any way that we can set a delivery distance to the actual distance?

CamBap 

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @CamBap, thanks for sharing this! 

Delivery settings are measured in radius rather than actual distance. From looking into this, there isn't a way to change the radius to actual distance right now. If you know postal codes for addresses within the distance you can delivery, a workaround would be to set the delivery region to postal codes instead.

I'll be sure to share your feedback with our Product team so they can look into adding the functionality for measuring actual distance in addition to radius. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3

thank you very much for your quick response.

difference between radius and actual measurement is up to 6 miles so far, which affects our delivery service significantly.

yes i can certainly look into your recommended workaround. but it would have been a lot easier for your team to develop it so that add an option to an actual measurement. I look forward to it.

thanks again.

CamBap

Message 3 of 3