x

how to do a test order

Hi,

Is there a way to do test orders that don't actually get charged but you can see how the order is placed, received etc?

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @kaushmeister, thanks for the post! What you can do is create a coupon code for the value of the item and apply that at checkout. That way you will be able to go through the flow of placing the order without being charged. 

This article gives a step-by-step guide on how to create a coupon and you can start creating them from your Square Online site

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @kaushmeister, thanks for the post! What you can do is create a coupon code for the value of the item and apply that at checkout. That way you will be able to go through the flow of placing the order without being charged. 

This article gives a step-by-step guide on how to create a coupon and you can start creating them from your Square Online site

Tra
Message 2 of 5

I can on here to ask exactly the same question, so was excited to see this answer.

Apart from the fact the help file talks about "vouchers" and the section is now called "coupons", there is a problem with this approach.

You can only create a coupon for a discount OR free shipping, not both. Therefore when you put the order through the shipping cost still shows on the order. No doubt if i had continued through the basket it would have asked me for a card to pay the shipping costs.

First, this does not help for doing a test order and, secondly, this would not be what we would want necessarily for a customer.

the basket only allows you to add one coupon, if it allowed 2 that would solve it.

Can you suggest another option for doing a test order please?

Message 3 of 5

as i didn't get an answer on here i emailed support about it. I got a couple of emails to say they had my email and sorry for the delay, but i never got any answer.

I even replied to one of the emails they sent asking for an update and still didn't get an answer.

Despite doing all the SEO we have had NO orders via square over the last 6 months but plenty from our own new website with similar SEO.

It seems having a website on here is pretty pointless and we can't do a test checkout to see if there is anything wrong as the voucher thing does not work !!

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Apology for missing your post question @cassie75!

Aside from using a coupon code for the value of item and paying for just the shipping fee, the only other way to do a "test" order would be to put through an order as normal on the website (pay for the item and shipping fee) and then issue a refund for it. That way, you can go through the checkout flow exactly as how the customer would and check things for yourself.

These are the only two way to test orders and checkouts on Square at the moment unfortunately. 

Tra
Message 5 of 5