x

how to get numbered receipts

We need to provide customers with numbered receipts so we can get the right food order to the right customer.  How can I set it up so the customer and the kitchen both get itemized receipts/ printouts with the order number on it?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Hello @ShellyG !

This is definitely possible! In your Point of Sale app, go into your Printer Settings section. Look at each printer station you have, make sure Order Tickets is turned on under the "Print from this device" section.  Once you enable that, a new section called "Order Tickets" will appear. You can either set up a custom number/name or have square auto-assign the numbers.

Once this is all set up, every printed ticket will show the number/name in the upper left corner. However, the customer receipt will NOT show the number. If you want an order number ticket, enable the "Order Ticket Stubs" section on your receipt printer. A ticket with the number will print before the customer receipt. Please note the order ticket stub option is only available with thermal printers.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 9

Hi I have a similar issue but I am not printing a physical kitchen receipt but rather using a kitchen display and need to be able to reference a customer name to call when order is ready. How can I add the customer name to the kitchen display ticket screen?

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

Hi @btilasvegas !

The same steps I said here will get the customer name shown on the KDS. Once you've enabled custom names on the tickets, when you hit the Check Out button on the POS the next screen you see will be a Ticket Name screen. Here you can enter whatever name you want, or if the customer has already entered their card this box may auto-populate with their name.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 9

I am having the same problem. I am about to open my food truck for the season and my POS has updated since closing last season. I no longer have the "new ticket" Screen. I desperately need this to work. We are opening in a couple of days and need to be able to have customer name show on my KDS. The instructions do not work.

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

@clkirk @btilasvegas I think some of the settings have been moved around now, but I know for a fact that you can enter names and save tickets: I do it all day long.

On your Point of Sale:

-More -> Settings -> Order Tickets. Make sure it's set for Custom Number or name

-More -> Open Tickets. You may need to install the add-on (free), but once it's there make sure Open Tickets are enabled.

Now, once those are set, you see the Tickets button next to the Charge button on your main checkout screen. When you hit that button, you'll see a New Ticket option at the top of the list.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 6 of 9

Thanks so much! I tried calling tech support and then was disconnected. But I kept plugging along and figured out the same steps you explained. At first it seemed counter-intuitive since I do not use open orders. Hope this explanation helps someone else also.

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for your response but I was not able to get that to work. Can I get on the phone with support to get this figured out?

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @btilasvegas,

Sorry to hear that the answers provided did not work for you. Feel free to contact us directly here

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 9