x

how to input tips on square terminal?

Just have a question in regards about how to input tips in the terminal.  Also if a customer decided to call his credit card company to canceled the amount after service rendered.  How do I dispute this?  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Are you asking about how to input tips specifically using a Square Terminal? (This is one of the pieces of hardware we sell.) Or are you looking for the steps you'll need to follow in order to set up tipping for your Square account?

For more information on what happens when a customer disputes a charge, you'll want to read through this article from our Support Center where we outline the disputes process, @JBRIANUSA.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Using the Square terminal, the Add Tip does not check if there is a value before proceeding.  I am trying to find out if I can set the configuration to require a tip value before allowing the transaction to proceed.

Message 3 of 5

How can I set the terminal to require a value for the tip when the Add Tip is selected?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @antran68 Welcome to the Seller Community! 😊

I moved your post over to this thread so you can check out Valentina's answer for setting up tips through your Square account. 

Please let us know if you are looking for something else. 

Message 5 of 5