x

how to preview the appointment scheduler

HI - I am trying to connect Zoom to my check out/scheduler, so that anytime an online session gets booked, the client automatically receives a zoom meeting link.

I am trying to figure this out with Zapier, but...not so straightforward it seems. 

Is there any way to pre-view the appointment scheduler that clients see when they pay for a service?

Do they have to pay first before they get taken to the schedule? That is what it looks like with my current set-up, which is perhaps not ideal...

I tried to circumvent the clumsy deal of having to set up separate sessions with each of their different options - in my case, at least 6 different options per Session Category - pure check-out nightmare!!!! 

Instead, I set up my services under "items", which lets you add choices to each product. In my case, I am giving the choice of "online" or "in-person" and several different session lengths. 

It's beautiful & streamlined - now I can link one check-out link to each of the Session Categories & the client is taken straight to it, instead of having to sort through a gazillion different options of sessions, only to forget what they were trying to book in the first place...

However....I am not certain if this now screwed up the scheduling calendar access?? It seems to still send the client to the appointment calendar  - after they pay. I believe...I've only tried it once so far. 

I would like to know what customers see & have to work with once they check out & pay - first of all, to be aware if this new set-up works, and secondly, to hopefully give the Zapier team the information they need in order to create a zap to integrate Zoom with my Square scheduling app...

Any Team members have any solutions for this?

Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there 👋

This sounds like a good question for our Appointments team, @AwakenedHearth 

They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, as they are able look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

thank you JJ - I would LOVE to talk with a real person! It's just not easy, to the point where it feels impossible, to find a way to connect with live staff on Square. Thanks so much for the link; for the future - where where where can I find email and contact info on the Square Dashboard, please?

much thanks! 

Message 3 of 9

Hi @AwakenedHearth - Alanah here, stepping in for JJ.

You can always use the link that JJ provided to get in touch with us directly.

From your Square Dashbord, you can click the question mark icon in the top right corner of the screen. Then on the next page, scroll down to "Ask our support assistant". Complete the prompts here and we can get you in touch with a live supporter if needed.

Violet
Message 4 of 9

thanks Alanah - the "support assistant" is typically of no help at all, and I still do not see any way to contact any live support; the link JJ provided worked - and I am STILL waiting for a reply to my questions after having been rerouted to supposedly the right support team. 

Is there an easy way to consistently find live customer support for vital questions, without having to find JJ's link again and again?

Thank you much! Truly appreciated! 

Message 5 of 9

Hello @AwakenedHearth, ✋🏼

I'm stepping in here for JJ and Alanah while they are away. To contact the phone support team, you will need to do the following steps: 

To get phone support from your computer:

1. Sign in and visit squareup.com/help.
  2. Click Resources > Contact and ask to speak to a representative.

Also if it helps, feel free to send me a private message then I can provide you your Customer code to keep handy along with our phone number. 😊

Frida
Message 6 of 9

Thank you, Frida!

Message 7 of 9

Hi again Frida - I checked out your suggestion & It looks like phone contact is not an option at this time though - and I can't seem to get an answer per e-mail. I sent yet another message & really hope I will find a solution to my questions - I really need to move forward on my projects! It's been weeks of trying to figure something out...  😞 

Message 8 of 9

Hello again @AwakenedHearth👋

Phone Support is only available Mon-Fri 6am-6pm PST. So you will want to try the steps offered above during those times and Phone support should be available for you.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 9 of 9