x

how to stop automatic text when a purchase is made

I would like to stop my customers from receiving both an email and text when they make a purchase. I had a mix up today with a pre-order and the customer was extremely mean to me saying "well you sent me an email AND a text" which I did not it was automatic. Can I somehow stop the text confirmations of a purchase and only have email.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Do all of your customers get text and email receipts automatically? Or do they get an option on their checkout screen? 

If the answer to the first question is "no", then my answer is below. If the answer to the first one is yes, then I don't know the answer.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the customer has, at one point, initiated the automatic receipt option(s) on their end. Not necessarily with your business, but with another business that uses Square. It's a setting with the card they used. If they use a different card, then different settings would apply according to their use history. They can reply "STOP" to stop getting texts, and they can unsubscribe from Square receipt emails if they no longer want those.

Message 2 of 2