x

i bought a Square Stand (for iPad Air) - will other iPad versions also fit? i know the Air 2 doesn't

Wayne
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Unfortunately not, @wbartlett1. Our Stands will only support the iPad version they were built for! 

Message 2 of 10

This does not answer the question, does the stand fit IPAD Air 2?

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

Message 4 of 10

So what do I do if I want to run Reigster and I have an iPad Air 2?  Am I going to have to buy a whole new iPad just because you changed the design?  This seems insane.  

Message 5 of 10
Square

@Kitekitty - You can definitely get by with out a Square Stand. The brains of the operation is the Square Register app, which will work like a charm on your iPad! You can just plug our reader into the headphone jack, or pair the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader wirelessly. Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 10

What exactly is it that makes the iPad air2 non-compatible with the square stand made for the iPad Air? Is it the fit, iOS compatibility, hardware connect ability?

Message 7 of 10
Square

@dabiekr1 - The iPad Air 2 has a slimmer form factor, so it's not an exact fit for the Square Stand (which is very important). This also means that the headphone jack won't line up exactly when using the security screw. You could also run into connection issues, which is something that could definitely be an annoyance during the business day. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 10

I bought the square stand, for my old iPad, but have since had to buy a new iPad.  Although, it does not fit the stand it still works in the stand.  I have wedged a piece of paper, (until I remember to go buy putty) under the bottom left corner, which keeps it in place.  Not perfect, but it works.  I tried to include a photo but it doesn't seem to be an option.  If anyone would like me to send a photo of what that looks like just email me.

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Thank you @benjamins! If you'd like to add a photo in future click on the camera icon in the toolbar just above where you're writing your reply! 

For anyone who has an iPad that isn't compatible with the Square Stand, I just want to mention that you could use another tablet stand like the Heckler Windfall Stand or the Heckler @Rest Stand! Hope that's useful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 10