x

Inventory Management - Wholesale and Retail Pricing

Inventory Management - Wholesale and Retail Pricing

I have one product with 2 different prices , one wholesale and one retail but i am pulling both from the same inventory.
if for example 10 are pulled from wholesale it doesn't adjust the overall inventory, is this possible?

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: inventory

Hey @groovy, welcome to the seller community! 👋🏻

Thanks for bringing this up. If I'm understanding your inventory needs correctly, it sounds like you would be able to use the price points feature. For example, if you were to set up different price points for each item labeled as "Retail" and "Wholesale", your inventory would decrease appropriately. Learn more about how to set this up in this article: Item Variants or Price Points.

We've also partnered with a handful of inventory management services who may be able to offer a more customized solution. For more info head over to your App Marketplace > Items & Inventory.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. In addition, if any other Square sellers who sell products at variable prices have any pro tips to share on this topic—feel free to chime in!

51 Comments
Admin

Hey @groovy, welcome to the seller community! 👋🏻

Thanks for bringing this up. If I'm understanding your inventory needs correctly, it sounds like you would be able to use the price points feature. For example, if you were to set up different price points for each item labeled as "Retail" and "Wholesale", your inventory would decrease appropriately. Learn more about how to set this up in this article: Item Variants or Price Points.

We've also partnered with a handful of inventory management services who may be able to offer a more customized solution. For more info head over to your App Marketplace > Items & Inventory.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. In addition, if any other Square sellers who sell products at variable prices have any pro tips to share on this topic—feel free to chime in!

Yes, but if its the same inventory then youd have to split the inventory over 2 places,

but one is just a wholesale price... it wont pull the product out of the whole inventory.

do you understand completely because i feel like i'm having a hard time expressing whats happening.

Admin

Thanks for circling back, @groovy. Let me run this by a member or our Invoices Team next week for good measure. I'll reply with more clarity as soon as we've had a chance to take a closer look. Appreciate your patience!

Admin

Thanks again for your patience. I was able to touch case with our Invoices Team and we came up with a solution that should get you where you need to be.

You can create a discount called "Wholesale," that you or your employees apply when you sell an item at the lower cost. That way, all of your inventory is counted together and you can see how many sales were "wholesale" in your reports.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

i have holsale distrebution bussiness i m trying to satup payment setup but i can't font any option like holesale or distrebution please help me out 

Admin

@umair042 I moved your post to this thread where @Tom helped another seller set up wholesale items. You could also call our CS team who can help you get started! 

That's what I was wondering. I set up the 2 different price points.  I'll see if that works. The way I had them separated in wholesale and retail wasn't pulling all of the inventory. 

I hope I don't have to split my inventory...I don't carry enough on hand to make that feasible. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: wholesale vs retail prices for same item

I'm not sure how to go about setting up inventory, SKUs, etc. when one item has both a wholesale price and a retail price. I don't know which SKU until I sell it. Suggestions? Am I missing something? I see that someone asked this question two years ago, but I don't see an answer. 

Admin

@SBS-2 I've merged your post in to this thread, it sounds like you might not have seen it! I hope Tom's Best Answer and replies are helpful.

Hi. 

Is there a section somewhere in the "items" sections where I can add wholesale price per item? I want this information to remain private for admin/owner.

at the end of hte month I would like to pull a report and see how much we actually make from each item on retail price vs wholesale price. 

it would be nice if it was somewhere within here:

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 10.01.15 PM.png

My previous POS (Booker, which is now owned by MindBody) did that:
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 10.02.30 PM.png

thank you.