x

Questions about using Invoice in the service industry

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: invoices

I am in the service industry. I have been using the square card reader for a couple of years now and have been using other programs for invoicing which I have had ongoing issues with. Can anyone answer the following:-
Is it easy for customers to pay the invoice online??
Is there a way to pass the fees back to the client if they choose to pay online??
Is it possible to use a part quantity; eg charge for half an hour not a full hour??

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I use the invoicing system exclusively.  It is very easy for customers to pay.  There are a couple of ways to pass the fee back, but you need to ask yourself if it's worth it or not.  First, you could increase the price of your service to make up for the difference.  Second, you could make a line item for the fee.  In my opinion, neither of those options are great options.  Keep in mind that Square is providing you the invoicing service and aren't charging that much more for it.  Finally, the best way about going about charging a partial quantity would be to make a variation in your line item to charge that parial amount.  I made an example item for you to view below.  Hope all of this helps!

Square1.jpg

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I use the invoicing system exclusively.  It is very easy for customers to pay.  There are a couple of ways to pass the fee back, but you need to ask yourself if it's worth it or not.  First, you could increase the price of your service to make up for the difference.  Second, you could make a line item for the fee.  In my opinion, neither of those options are great options.  Keep in mind that Square is providing you the invoicing service and aren't charging that much more for it.  Finally, the best way about going about charging a partial quantity would be to make a variation in your line item to charge that parial amount.  I made an example item for you to view below.  Hope all of this helps!

Square1.jpg

Message 2 of 2