x

managing the inventory in multiple locations via import/export

When managing multiple locations with different inventories in each location, you cannot import/export per location.  You have to take the entire massive database (even if you select just one location) which then duplicates row after row... and then you have to scroll column after column to toggle y/n if that item is at that location. 

This is absolutely INSANE.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

So this is how I do it.   I use Google Sheets but any software will work.   I open my export Library and select the columns I don't want and Hide them.  This way I don't have to scroll right and left.   Now I can easily run down my list and make my changes.  

In Goolge sheets if I have a bunch of items I need to add a Y or N and they are all together.  I can enter Y in the top row and the grab the blue box in the bottom right corner of the cell and drag it down to auto fill the other cells in the column.

Inventory is time consuming no matter how you do it.

Hope that helps

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for this! I have been searching high and low on how to do this.

Message 3 of 5

We have no been able to figure out how to upload inventory into a different location where some of the items are the same and some are different.  We do not want to replace the entire inventory each time (this wipes out the inventory in other locations) but some of the inventory is the same and if we don't wipe it out, it duplicates what is already in one location.  Does this make sense?  

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey there @Kellyestep 👋 Thanks for posting in the Community!

I found a thread that might help. Check out @RHatch's post above. Let me know if this helps! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5