x
Beta Member

meal deal

Hi

Is it possible to do a meal deal within the system such as buy a sandwich, drink and chocolate for certain amount?

Rich

Message 1 of 12
Report Inappropriate Content
11 REPLIES 11
Beta Member

Following this.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to do such thing with the online store? I know specific categories/items can be done but its not possible with the current system.

1 from drinks category, 1 from crisps category and 1 from sandwich category would equal to £3.50 (or whichever your meal deal offer is) total regardless of the items' value. Is there any chance this can be done as a new feature?

Message 2 of 12
Admin

Hi @Pricecutfood and @thecafeguy, thank you for reaching out!

At the moment, this type of discount setup is not possible with Square. I've passed this over to our Product team as a feature request, so hopefully we'll be able to do this in the future.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to setup a separate item call Meal Deal, and have the sandwich, drink and add-on as modifier. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 12

Hi All, im trying to create a discount,, i have managed to create ones for this like chocolate bars that are 59p each or 2 for £1 but now the tricky thing is in my shop we sell a meal deal, which is a sandwich, Can of pop, Chocolate bar and pack of crisps, all together this is £4.58 but together it is £4 does anyone know how this can be done into a automatic transaction???

Message 4 of 12
Admin

Hi @MatthewJames, thanks for your post! Bundle/meal deal automatic discount is a popular feature request with our sellers. I don't have an update for when this feature will be implement, so the best workaround at the moment is  to setup a separate item call Meal Deal, and have the sandwich, drink and add-on as modifier. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 12

@tranguyen thank you, that is what i have done, 

fingers crossed it wont take too long, as this will affect my stock count 

Message 6 of 12

Hi, Does anyone know if this is sorted (given its 3 years old now) - I am very keen to use this feature but cannot see how it can be done.  thankyou

Message 7 of 12

Is this now sorted and available as a feature does anybody know????

Message 8 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @jambow, thanks for your comment! We don't have an update to share with you at this time, and this is still a feature request at this time. 

We'll be sure to update this thread once we have more information to share. 

Message 9 of 12

Hi, seems like a regularly requested feature and i'd imagine quite easy to implement..........certainly makes my and my teams life alot harder, there isnt alot I miss from switching to you from EPOSNOW, however this is definitley one of them 

Message 10 of 12

Bumping this, as this is a feature we'd use on a daily basis. Any news on a timeline of when this feature might be added?

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @AlexMarkham, thanks for bumping this! 

We don't currently have any additional information on when this feature will be available, as it is still a feature request. My team and I will be sure to update this thread once any new information about this feature is available. 

Let me know if you need anything else!  

Message 12 of 12