x

How do I make discounts available in my Online Store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: online discounts]

I have a discount in my store of a buy one get one half off, I wanted to extend that to my online shoppers, but I don't know how to do that. 

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Roots19-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and tagging me! 

If you want to offer discounts/coupons on your Online Store, you'll actually be creating those in the Items section of the Square Online Store part of the Dashboard:

Unlike in the Items section of the Square Dashboard where you create discounts for in-store purchases, you would not be able to set up a discount in the Online Store for specific hours of the day at this time. You could do a sale, or a temporary coupon. These are the coupon types/settings available via Online Store currently:

I hope this helps. Thanks again for writing in, and let me know if you have any questions about this.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Hey @Ranpete!

After creating a discount in your Online Dashboard, you can enable the setting: Make this discount available in your online store.

I've included a screenshot so you can see where to toggle this setting on. The setting is beneath Online Store Settings. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 17

@isabelle 

Is this also available on the new weebly online ordering setup?  I’ve seen and used “coupon codes” but for the customers that want to order happy hour apps Thru my online store...there is no such way to offer it. If there was a specific time restriction on the “coupon codes”, would be amazing. 

for example:

Only allowing customers to use Coupon Code: Happy Hour from 2pm to 5pm, every day. 

Cheers,

Curry On
Ann Arbor, MI

Message 3 of 17
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Roots19-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and tagging me! 

If you want to offer discounts/coupons on your Online Store, you'll actually be creating those in the Items section of the Square Online Store part of the Dashboard:

Unlike in the Items section of the Square Dashboard where you create discounts for in-store purchases, you would not be able to set up a discount in the Online Store for specific hours of the day at this time. You could do a sale, or a temporary coupon. These are the coupon types/settings available via Online Store currently:

I hope this helps. Thanks again for writing in, and let me know if you have any questions about this.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 17
Beta Member

Thank so much!! It worked at checkout when applying coupon!

However, wondering what is the difference then, if you add discount to all orders from dashboard/ items/ discount but it would NOT show up at checkout when applying coupon?

Message 5 of 17
Beta Member

I am not given the option to make my discount available to my online store from my square dashboard, as one person posted.  Also, from my online dashboard, I can only create coupons.  I can't discount a category or specific vendor for a certain period of time.  Many customers forget to add the coupon code at checkout.  They also have trouble envisioning the discount before putting something in their cart.  Why can't we apply discounts like they do on other online platforms?

Message 6 of 17

I can not find the location where I can "enable the setting: Make this discount available in my Online Store" This option is not on my screen "Create Discount". 

Message 7 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hey @jevans,

This article is a bit outdated since we changed our Online Store to the one powered by Weebly.

Discounts in Point of Sale are not applicable to the Online Store. You can make coupon codes in the Online Store editor but discounts from Point of Sale don't work in the Online Store.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 17

I don't have the option to make a discount available to my online store. 

Message 9 of 17

Where is the Discounts section?Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 17

Hi @Mets234,

With the Online Store- discounts are actually under Coupons because regular discounts from the Square item library don't work there. 

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been asked/answered before.

Check out @isabelle 's best answer above for step by step instructions!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 17

Looking to add a promo code to my site. But I’m only seeing how to make one for e-gift cards and we font offer those. Just need a regular promo code for friends and family. Please advise

Message 12 of 17
Admin

Hey @NFSD!

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread. It'll go over how to create coupons/discounts for the Square Online Store.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 13 of 17

I'm trying to set up deals: 2 for $20 and 3 for $12. I have already set it up the discount for my square and I see it reflected on my square POS App. My question is how do I set up this deal on my website? Please tell me there is a way 

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 17
Admin

Hey @Bougie1!

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread.

It will show you how to enable discounts/coupons for your Square Online site. You'll be able to see what kinds of discounts are available to create there. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 15 of 17

im having the same issue .... did you find a way to add a coupon code ? 

Message 16 of 17

Hi @ShapeUpAltus Welcome to the Community! 😊

I moved your post over to this thread where Isabelle explained how to create online coupons. I recommend reaching out to our support team directly if you are still having trouble with your dashboard. 

Message 17 of 17