x

pos layout with pictures

I notice in several of the photos of the square pos layout, instead of words, there are photos. Is that an advanced feature, or is anyone using square for restaurants able to do that?ca4e2ebdb0e4308722909ece40a71953.jpg

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Tarra32 What you are looking at this the square point of sale app and is different from the square for restaurants app.  They function very similar but the POS app has photos and will have the item name below.  The restaurant app layout is set up in your online dashboard and filters to all tablets at that location.  You can change the size and how the blocks are nested with the restaurant app and it is very robust for colors and layout but NO PHOTOS.

I have used both.  I prefer the POS app currently due to some limitations in my business with the restaurant app.  They each have strengths and really depend on what your business is doing.  The POS app to edit the layout you do it on the tablet.

Also another great thing, you can use restaurants and still try out the point of sale app.  They both have a free version where you can see what suits you.  If you have table service and waitstaff the restaurant app will be superior.  If you are doing counter service you might want to check them both out.

Hope this helps,

Donnie

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Tarra32 What you are looking at this the square point of sale app and is different from the square for restaurants app.  They function very similar but the POS app has photos and will have the item name below.  The restaurant app layout is set up in your online dashboard and filters to all tablets at that location.  You can change the size and how the blocks are nested with the restaurant app and it is very robust for colors and layout but NO PHOTOS.

I have used both.  I prefer the POS app currently due to some limitations in my business with the restaurant app.  They each have strengths and really depend on what your business is doing.  The POS app to edit the layout you do it on the tablet.

Also another great thing, you can use restaurants and still try out the point of sale app.  They both have a free version where you can see what suits you.  If you have table service and waitstaff the restaurant app will be superior.  If you are doing counter service you might want to check them both out.

Hope this helps,

Donnie

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Cool...thanks! We offer catering, take out and we have a food truck...so it sounds like the standard POS might work for us! Cool to know we can try both to see which works better...just hope that doesn't mean I have to reload all the items and menus.

Message 3 of 3