x

promo code for online store, percent off certain criteria

how can I create a promo code for online purchases, such that purchasing a certain quantity of a certain item category would yield a % discount ?

ie. buy 6 items from this certain category, receive 15% off.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hello @sdavid14!

I see what you're saying. Unfortunately there isn't a way to create a discount that recognizes when there is a certain amount of items from a particular category that are purchased. The discounts can only be applied to an items in a category, but not to where the customers have to buy a certain amount of items within it.

Sorry for any trouble this causes at this time. We're always passing feedback like this over to our Product team, so I'll be sure to send this their way.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for the response !  Yes, i think this would be a useful feature.

Message 3 of 7

Would Square be able to add a tab for promo codes for online store use? or waiving shipping after certain amount would be very helpful during this time trying to offer customers great deals they can't resist. 

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @healthyhairspa

There is an option to add coupons to your Online Store, if you'd like to use those. It will show you that option under Items. 

If you aren't seeing that option on your online store - make sure you have upgraded to our Online Store powered by Weebly.  

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

how can i update to weebly? I thought the i tegration was automatic.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@healthyhairspa

It should have been, so I am looking into why yours didn't. There was another seller a few weeks ago that had the same issue. 

To get it upgraded, go to the Online Store tab on your Dashboard. You should see a button that mentioned upgrading to the new Online Store. 

Please let me know if you don't see that!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7