x

question about compatibility with my stock list

Hi, 

i have been using a square card reader in conjunction with my android phone to take card payments. I am thinking of upgrading with a second hand Square combination of star MPOP till with receipt printer (which works on bluetooth, and which is a version which wont work with android), square card reader and dock and ipad on a stand (the ipad i will need to buy). I am not very sure about how it will all work with the stock i have listed on square already. If i am moving onto the iOS system through an iPad, will i have to re-do the stock i already have done on my android laptop through the Square website? I should add, i have a square website which i created the stocklist for while we were in lockdown and i might not continue with that website. Also, i assume the iPad takes the place of my phone for the square reader to work? Sorry if i sound thick! Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Audchocs, welcome to the Seller Community 😊

You won't have to set up your stock again on the new device. Your item library and stocks live on your Square Dashboard, so when you get the new hardware, you just need to sign in to your account and the items will be there. 

And yes, that's correct! Your iPad will work in the place of your phone, and you can connect it to the card reader to take payments. If you're using the Stand, you'll be able to connect the reader via Bluetooth or the USB hub as well. 

I hope this will help but if you have any other question, let me know and I'll do my best! 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content