x

receipt printer printing blank reports

when I go to print close of day or server reports, the receipt printer prints out a blank page with some black lines on it.

the printer works fine for printing other things like CC receipts 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

Hey @brad83 !

Okay that's very weird, especially if regular receipts are printing fine.

I do know that Square has been updating printer code recently. I'd make sure you're on the latest version of the app. If you are, I recommend a force close of the app, restart your system, and reload the app. Something may have gotten hung up that's causing your issue.

If these steps don't work, please let us know! We can dig a little deeper to see what's happening.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 12

I just talked to support. It's a bug with the latest iOS version on the iPads.  They're working on it 

Message 3 of 12
Super Seller

That’s good to know! I’ll hold off updating my tablets. 

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 12

Yes, we are having the same issue at all of our POS stations when it comes to printing out shift reports and end of day reports. We rely pretty heavily on these reports at the end of the night for our daily financials, so it would be great if this gets straightened out ASAP.

Message 5 of 12
Super Seller

@jeffw5 @brad83 The one thing I've learned the hard way with iOS updates and Square is that you wait to update your systems until at least the x.1 version is released. There have been significant challenges with iOS 10 - 14 and how it played with Square when they first launched. None of it has been Square's fault from what I can tell: the Apple devs like to make things difficult. 🙂

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 6 of 12

Heard that. I have had ongoing issues with Square's response to other requests (I.e. not being able to assign certain items to be ineligible for discounts) so was convinced that it was their fault. Thank you for clarifying.

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jeffw5 👋

We are working hard on this issue caused by the latest iOS update. It seems that Apple may have changed how our code behaves with their operating systems. You are not alone in this situation as Sellers are experiencing this around the Globe.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 12

Got it. Will you please let us know when the update happens so we can make sure it works? Thank you.

Message 9 of 12

Has this been resolved?

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Soupy8728

This issue has received several fixes since I posted last time. If you are still having issues, we recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date. If everything looks good there, you'll want to reach out.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our Support team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 12

Lesson learned!

Message 12 of 12