x

resource for spa and booking manually

I have a salon and spa which has a salt room.  I needed to create the salt room as a resource but, had to create it as a person to be able to get booked online AND see it in my calendar, it's for a salt session.  I was told that stand alone services that need a resource couldn't be set up for online booking and visible on the appointment calendar. I guess my issue is how to see my resource on my calendar. 

So, it worked setting up my salt room as a person that way, and it's a team member "salt room" - I created a fake person as a resource.  When we book manually and let's say we book a massage for "Katie" and customer wants to book a "salt session" after her massage, Katie's name gets assigned even though it's not listed as a service she does. We have to be mindful to choose salt room as the person, nothing flags in square that she isn't eligible for this service, so since we just booked a massage with Katie Square doesn't flag error if she gets book a salt session. 

I have stand-alone resource issue not showing up under my calendar to see who is coming in for that service.  I need help understanding and can't find the thread. 

Also need help when a guest checks out for a service with two people - how do I merge a ticket.  Thank you!  Can anyone please help!  

Liane @ Serendipity Salt & Skin Spa

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @massageky  -

Excellent job on finding the workaround to make it fit for your business. 

When it comes to workaround, you'll see that they won't work perfectly. From what you've described this sounds like the case. A setting you could try for Appointments would be to turn on the approval for your appointments. This means that you would have to accept or decline any appointments that are made. 

It would help alleviate some of the issues you're seeing, but it's a little more manual. My only other thought would be to reach out to our Appointments team directly, they may have a trick or two up their sleeves for your situation: 1-855-700-6000.

Thank you!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2