x

swiped entry not working

I purchased a squre chip reader. My account does not have an option to accept swiped or chip payments, only Manual entry. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @OrganTom75 - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! 

Ah, yes this is a common confusion we see often. I think I can help clarify here. As long as your reader is paired and working, once you select the Charge button, you will not see an option of 'swipe' or 'dip' within your payment options. Instead, simply swipe or dip after you've pressed that button - the transactions will charge.

The payment options you see such as 'Manual Card Entry' payment are there for you to choose for transactions other than swiped or dipped cards. 

Hope this helps! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @OrganTom75 - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! 

Ah, yes this is a common confusion we see often. I think I can help clarify here. As long as your reader is paired and working, once you select the Charge button, you will not see an option of 'swipe' or 'dip' within your payment options. Instead, simply swipe or dip after you've pressed that button - the transactions will charge.

The payment options you see such as 'Manual Card Entry' payment are there for you to choose for transactions other than swiped or dipped cards. 

Hope this helps! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2