x

taxes

Hello, for tax year 2018 Square sent out an email with simple instructions on how to get my tax info. This year there's a Youtube video. I watched the video, followed the instructions but there wasn't a 1099-K tax document. My EIN and other business info is all correct. How do I get my tax info? I don't have huge sales, I'm in the medical field collecting the occasional copay or deductible, but I do need to declare my earnings. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

you probably aren't issued a 1099-k as you say you didn't use it much.  you need to have had 200 credit card transactions and $20,000 in credit card sales.  that is the threshold the government requires one.  you can still see your sales information If you go to the Sales Summary part of your Dashboard, you can pull up an entire year's worth of sales and check the Fees line item toward the bottom and all your appropriate sales data for the year.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary

Message 2 of 4

Thank you, and yes you're correct I didn't make $20 thousand in sales. No 1099-K for me 🙂  I'm not that kind of business. The link you provided said the page didn't exist. I tried sales summary but it only allows a week by week time frame not a year (from Jan to Dec 2019). Unless I'm doing something wrong. Which is highly likely. I may end up giving my tax preparer my password so she can take a look. I appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 4

I figured it out thanks to your support!

Message 4 of 4