x

How do I transfer funds from Square Card to my bank account?

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

I do not want my daily sales to go on my square card.  I want them to go directly to the bank I am linked to.  How do I change that?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@ChefStef, once you’ve activated your Square Card, your transfers will switch from automatic to manual. This means that your Square balance will always be stored on your Square Card.

We made it easy to move those funds to your bank account from the Square Card if you ever need them there! You can transfer your funds from your Square balance to your linked bank account at any time, either Next Business Day (free) or with Instant Transfer (fee per transfer).

If you would prefer to revert back to funds directly transferring into your bank account, you can deactivate your Square Card right from the Square app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines to open your app menu
  2. Select the Transfers tab and choose Square Card
  3. Tap Get help with card > I’d like to cancel my card
  4. Select Deactivate Card
  5. Tap Switch Back to Regular Transfers to return to Square’s standard next day transfer schedule

Let us know if you still have questions!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Best Answer

@ChefStef, once you’ve activated your Square Card, your transfers will switch from automatic to manual. This means that your Square balance will always be stored on your Square Card.

We made it easy to move those funds to your bank account from the Square Card if you ever need them there! You can transfer your funds from your Square balance to your linked bank account at any time, either Next Business Day (free) or with Instant Transfer (fee per transfer).

If you would prefer to revert back to funds directly transferring into your bank account, you can deactivate your Square Card right from the Square app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines to open your app menu
  2. Select the Transfers tab and choose Square Card
  3. Tap Get help with card > I’d like to cancel my card
  4. Select Deactivate Card
  5. Tap Switch Back to Regular Transfers to return to Square’s standard next day transfer schedule

Let us know if you still have questions!

Valentina
Message 2 of 12

hello

my  last 2 two transactions to checking account not showing on square end or checking account

any suggestions???

Message 3 of 12

Hello - I "locked" my Square Card in order to regain the option to have regular next-day transfers but the option has not appeared after several weeks.

The option to "cancel" the card isn't there, just "lock". That is online, there is no way to get there on the Andriod app on my phone.

Please advise how to turn on regular transfers again.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 12
Alumni

Hey @Frank13 ! Did you take a peek at Valentina's answer? She lets you know what to do up top. 

Justin
Message 5 of 12

I don't have those options in my app.

Message 6 of 12

Hello - I "locked" my Square Card in order to regain the option to have regular next-day transfers but the option has not appeared after several weeks.

The option to "cancel" the card isn't there, just "lock". That is online, there is no way to get there on the Andriod app on my phone.

Please advise how to turn on regular transfers again.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Frank13,

I'd recommend reaching out to our direct CS team who can take a closer look.

We can only advise generally here for the Community since we can't look into your account from here and it's intended for seller to seller conversations. 

Ashley C
Message 8 of 12

I see that there is a way to transfer from my bank to my square card ,but not the other way around. Does anyone know how to transfer funds from the square debit card to the linked bank account on file? 

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hello @Xharleyx

Check out @Valentina's Best Answer for instructions on how to transfer funds from your Square Card to your linked bank account. 

Let us know if any other questions come up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 12

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: square debit card

This is probably very simple but I don't see it. When I signed up obviously I didn't have a Square Debit card yet and had the money transferred into my bank account. I now have the Square card and don't want funds automatically transferred to the bank account, rather here so I can use the debit card. I read what it said about doing manual transfers but I keep going around in circles and cannot figure out what I have to do so all money remains in Square unless I manually transfer it. Can some kind person please give me the 1st-grade explanation of what to do? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 11 of 12
Alumni

Once you've activated your Square Card, your transfers are automatically switched over from automatic to manual. I explained a bit more about how this works in the post here in this thread, but let me know if you still have questions after taking a look, @GenCar20!

Valentina
Message 12 of 12