x

transfer sales history to new account

Hi - I have an existing square account since 2017.  My business is changing, & I would like to transfer the sales history from 2017 thru May 2022 to a new, different square account with a new owner who is continuing that part of the old business.  Can I do this?  Would it be exporting the transaction history?  I don't want to transfer ownership of the entire business, but they need the sales history for that time period.  Further, can I transfer / export some of the categories & library items?

TIA

Annie

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@UCEMGVA ,

You can export the sales data if it is still in Squares History and your items. 

Not sure how you can separate sales history data by sales of items for the new owner of part of your total sales though. 

To only show the Categories you want to transfer, export your items, sort by Category and then select and delete the rows with the Categories you are not selling.  Then save that file as Sold Business Items.... so you do not accidently upload it to your Square account and forward the right csv file to the new owner. 

I tried before just to export a category and that exported my entire Square Catalog, so I am not sure if there was an update to this or not.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2