x

when tap the save on the opened order (table grid) on the register screen, this ticket printed out

hi

since a couple of days ago, when i take an order, the order printed once, ( this is a normal)

after that when i tap the opened order (bill) and pressed save, then the ticket printed out automatically.

also, when i add another item on the same bill, whole order ticket printed out.

can i please deactivate that?

thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @saha and welcome to the Seller Community 

I recommend visiting your Printer Station Settings so you can make adjustments so that your printer only prints receipts and order tickets. If you need guidance on this you may visit our Printer Setup Guide

If the guide doesn't solve your issue, Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

hi JJ

thank you for your help

i deleted the current print station and created it again with only receipt and order print ticked but the same issue happened.

thanks

Message 3 of 11

Hi @saha 👋 Violet here, stepping in for @JJ_ while he's out for the weekend. I have experience troubleshooting printers from when I was a phone support agent for Square for Restaurants so I'd be happy to help you with this 🙂

First, I'd like to know a little more about your setup. Is it possible that you currently have multiple printer stations created on your Register for the same printer? 

This can sometimes be the cause of tickets printing, despite the settings on the new printer station that you mentioned.

Violet
Message 4 of 11

Hi Violet

thank you for your reply.

yes, 1 printer for the receipts and order ticket with the Register in the counter, and 1 printer in the kitchen for the order tickets with the Register.

both printers connected with the Ethernet.

no problems for over than a year but since a few days ago, the problem happened.

please advise me

thanks

Message 5 of 11

@saha - Thanks for providing those details. I recommend starting off by going through all of the troubleshooting steps listed here, based on the type of printer. If the issue cannot be resolved by troubleshooting, the next step would be contacting our Support Team directly here.

Violet
Message 6 of 11

Hi Violet

thank you for the reply.

i think the problem came from the square register since updated recently.

because, this printing issue not happened on my ipad.

thank you

Message 7 of 11

AH, okay then. Thank you for pointing that out @saha!

In that case, you can try a factory reset on your Square Register. You will want to save this step for when you have some downtime or for your end of day since this can take a few minutes to complete.

Please let me know if this helps! 😊

Violet
Message 8 of 11

Hi Violet

thank you for your help

i tried the factory reset but it did not work.

i think the problem happened after update recently.

do you know that how back to previous version?

thanks

Message 9 of 11

Hi there again, @saha! I'm sorry to hear that the factory reset didn't help 😥

Since you haven't seen any improvement after performing the factory reset, the next step would be to contact our Support Team. They can file a support ticket so our engineers can investigate this further 🙂 If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 10 of 11

hi Violet

thank you for your help

i had not been able to get through to the support call centre.

i heard my neighbour also has the same issue, i think there was a problem with the square.

finally since yesterday, the printing issue resolved.

thanks again 

Message 11 of 11