x

why is it so difficult for my reoccurring customers to up date there card for monthly payments

i have a large number of customers that i have on reoccurring payments, save card on file is selected on all.   but each month i get more and more customers that have payment failures "in short need to update new card info"  and establish the new card as default for paying each month going forward.  why is it so difficult for my customers to update the info and have it charge the new card on file going forward.

and i am not looking for ways that i can update it for them. if i wanted to be the guy managing every ones card info again  i can find much lower rates,  the hole appeal of your system was that the customer could enter and control there cards on file, giving them more safety in using there card as payment. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @heaterguy

Welcome to the Community. 

Thank you so much for reaching out about updating your customer's card information. I appreciate the feedback. 

This would be categorized as a Feature Request, right now. I will add you post to the request for our Product Team. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

so i see 16 veiws,   is any one gonna take this up?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@heaterguy thanks for asking and I'm sorry to read the frustration regarding this feature request. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline or a promise toward when this will be updated. I know that this is an important feature request to you and I really appreciate the time you have taken to explain to us why this is important.

Do know that we pass all feedback like this on to the development team, but we cannot get to every feature request right away. 

Thank you again for your feedback regarding this process for invoices. It is very useful and allows us to make our products better in the future. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4