x

Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 phone compatible with a Square reader?

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 phone to replace my Note 2 (!) phone which would no longer accept upgrades from Square. There is no earphone jack on the new phone so what card reader can I use? The Note 10 phone is not on the compatibilty list for either type of card reader. Will there be a new card reader available for this phone?

Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @VentanaNana and welcome to the Community!

Hmm I just checked our Compatibility page and you're correct- it doesn't show the Note 10 on there yet. 

Because it doesn't have a headphone jack, you'd need to use the Contactless + Chip reader that connects via bluetooth. The only problem is that if it's not listed on the Compatibility page, there's no guarantee it's going to work with that device because it hasn't been tested yet.

We're always trying to make more devices compatible but for now, you may have to use a different compatible device with one of our readers.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

I'm using the adapter. The phone acknowledges the chip reader or square swipe reader is plugged in but says it's not recognized or supported. The only way to complete a credit card transaction is to enter it manually which means an increased processing fee from square.

Message 22 of 30

Hi there, @antiquityacres. Thanks for letting us know about this. Due to most adapters being made by third-party retailers, we cannot guarantee that all iterations are compatible with our hardware. Feel free to flag this over to our Support Team if you would like to walk through continued troubleshooting! 

Joe
Message 23 of 30

So I cant buy a converter and use it??

Message 24 of 30

@Maryc - I did some research on this and it looks like @BearsLock found an adapter that's compatible here. 

Joe
Message 25 of 30
Beta Member

I am using it on the Note 10+ which is my daily carry phone for work and it works perfectly.  

Message 26 of 30

They have a converter! Look on line 

Message 27 of 30

Who has a converter? I've already purchased one for Samsung. The mag reader and chip reader still doesn't work. I would think Square would come up with a definitive fix. I basically stopped using them at this point as I refuse to pay the additional processing fee they charge for manual entries and I'm not going to try and pass it on to our customers. They shouldn't be penalized because Square can't figure out a solution.

Message 28 of 30

The square wont plug into my samsung galaxy note 10

Message 29 of 30

Hi there, @Maryc 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We appreciate you making your first post.

I've merged your post with a thread of other Sellers who were also asking about compatibility surrounding the Galaxy Note 10. If your reader is incompatible with your Note 10, we recommend taking a look at which Hardware is compatible here on our Compatibility Chart

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Message 30 of 30