x

AUD vs USD.

I am in Australia and have had my square for a few years now but recently I was at an international Trade fair in Melbourne and I noticed a few of them using their Square Terminal and it was in USD.  When I spoke to one of the vendors about it she said that her clients are 90% USA based so she charges in USD to make it simpler for them.  So my question is can I change the currency from AUD to USD living in Melbourne as my market too is 99% USD based. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Karinds,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It's not actually possible to charge USD with Australian Square accounts at the moment - I'm wondering if perhaps these vendors were using a different system? Square accounts also don't display the currency type, only a symbol (eg $ for AU and US, £ for the UK and ¥ for Japan).

A US Square account will charge in USD (though will look the same an an AU Square account charging in $) but this won't work outside of the US, and you'd need a social security number, US ID and address and US bank account to create a US Square account.

I'd say it's likely these merchants were actually using a different payment app!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2